Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Presidential Forum





I was lucky enough to participate in the Civic Forum between Obama and McCain, facilitated by my own Pastor Rick Warren! It was very exciting to be a part of this historic event. My friend Shirley and I were not allowed to bring in cameras or cellphones (even though some cheaters did!) so I have no pictures. But we got to sit in the most comfy, theatre-style chairs on the campus. It was like sitting at home and watching it on a huge screen. We got to sit in the newest building on campus: The Refinery. It is where teens hang out and it is beautiful. Everything went so easily for us it was amazing. The secret service and police were out in force and there were even snipers on the rooftops (even tho' we didn't see them. ) It was a once in a lifetime event that I wish everyone could've watched. I'm not saying who I am voting for (think of bam bam!) and I wouldn't have known how to vote had I not seen it. Rick did an awesome job and I'm sure he was very nervous about it, but you would not have known it. This was a HUGE undertaking for our church and they pulled it off beautifully!

No comments: