Monday, September 29, 2008

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

Following my breast cancer diagnosis a month ago, my sister Gayle and I had the luck of joining in on a HUGE fundraising opportunity~ The Susan G. Koman Race for The Cure~ to support breast cancer research and awareness. This is not us but a couple of wonderful Survivors. There were over 30,000 people participating in the race (we did the 1 mile fun walk) and they hope to have raised over 2 million dollars! We were 2 small peas in a huge pod of loving, caring women and we had the pleasure of speaking with alot of them. They gave me advise on my own treatment and lots of support as I wander through this new land. Here's a picture of me and Gayle after the race!

1 comment:

Joanne Greene said...

Linda-- Glad to hear that you are doing well. You and your sister look happy. My sister-in-law is preparing for the Susan G. Koman 3 day 60 Mile Cancer Walk in San Diego.